Prospect Research Intern for Major GiftsChicago Opera Theater • Part-Timehttp://www.chicagooperatheater.orgChicago, ILPosition Description:
The COT research internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable arts administration experience in major donor research and cultivation. The research intern will work closely with the Director of Development to research current and new major gift donors.
COT is a fun, collaborative non-profit environment offering significant hands-on experience.
Time commitment: 10 hours a week, for a 3-month period. This position reports to Andrea Cedusky, Director of Development.
- Conduct prospect research on major gift donors.
- Prepare donor profiles that elucidate prospect’s capacity, as well as affinity and desire, to support COT.
- Prepare collateral materials for major gift donor meetings.
- Assist with maintenance of Tessitura donor database.
- Participate in weekly development staff meetings and Board committee meetings as appropriate.
- Attend special events — such as donor rooms or musical salons — and assist with donor cultivation.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in fundraising and arts management and be an energetic, hard-working individual with outstanding research, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
*** This internship is unpaid. Course credit is available. ***
Please email a cover letter and resume to Laura Stef-Praun at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please put in the subject line "Research Intern Major Gifts."