General DirectorBoston Opera Collaborative • Part-Timehttp://www.bostonoperacollaborative.orgBoston, MA
Reports To: Board of Directors
The General Director (GD) will work with the Board of Directors to refine policy and strategic vision of Boston Opera Collaborative (BOC). The GD will then be responsible for the application of that strategic vision across all organizational units as well as oversight of administrative staff in day-to-day operations. The GD will lead staff in identification and ongoing assessment of appropriate metrics related to the strategic vision and mission of BOC.
The GD will directly supervise the positions of Managing Director, Artistic Director, Director of Development, and Financial Officer ensuring excellent communication and collaboration across their respective units. In conjunction with those staff members, the GD will formulate and execute comprehensive artistic, marketing, branding, and development plans. The GD will preside over meetings of the executive team and will attend Board of Director meetings to report on progress. The GD will also serve as primary public spokesperson for BOC.
- Ability to articulate passion for opera and background in opera, music, theatre, arts administration, or other related field
- Experience with creation/implementation of organizational strategy
- Experience with programmatic assessment
- Leadership experience, especially with volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication abilities and comfort with public speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to identify priorities
- Experience developing and managing budgets in a nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
Salary: Small stipend available
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by: 3/15/2013
About this Organization:
Boston Opera Collaborative is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to providing opportunities for emerging artists — including singers, directors, conductors, and theater technicians — to bridge the gap between higher education and a career in the arts. Members of Boston Opera Collaborative share in the management of the organization, developing their own skills as artists and administrators through productions and professional development.