Director of Press & Public RelationsThe Santa Fe Opera • Full-Timehttp://santafeopera.orgSanta Fe, NMThe Company:
The Santa Fe Opera is known for its dynamic vision for the future and its interesting professional opportunities. Since its founding in 1957 the company has looked in new directions, taking its inspiration not from the world of traditional opera, but from the artistic vision and welcoming spirit of a truly American company. Visitors are attracted not only by the extraordinary quality of its performances, but by the natural beauty of the spectacular 200-acre desert setting of the Opera Ranch and the 2,128-seat, state-of-the-art theater.
In addition to its artistic impact, the Opera is one of the 10 largest employers in Santa Fe, and the economic influence on the community is significant. Along with the mainstage season, the company conducts a number of programs which reach varied populations throughout the state, including student-written and produced operas, an annual spring tour, and other community programs.
Currently, the Company is seeking a Director of Press & Public Relations.
- Responsible for writing in the voice of the Company, to enhance the reader's appreciation and understanding of the operatic art form; and reflect of the vision and stature of the organization.
- Develop the overall yearly press plan. Coordinate with departments, specifically Development, Education, Artistic and Production.
- Collaborate with members of the senior staff on management issues including such items as Strategic Planning, Company budgeting, Board and committee reporting, policy creation, and planning for future seasons.
- Coordinate creation for materials included in all publications, visual and print materials, website, and social media content.
- Work with other departments in creation of publicity plans for production-related events, (i.e., premieres, new works, standard and rarely performed pieces, community productions, education and ancillary programs.)
- Control departmental costs through establishment of a budget which is supportive of the Company's strategic plan and mission statement. Review and analyze management reports, financial results, and other pertinent analytical information.
- Represent the Company at donor and community events and other outside activities. Serve as a spokesperson for the Opera. Accept public speaking engagements on behalf of the Opera as appropriate.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of staffing, including hiring, development, coaching, performance management and discipline, in coordination with the Human Resource Director.
- Serve as an advisor in complex issues which require discretion and confidentiality. Assist senior management in development of appropriate strategies and messaging, and disseminate to appropriate media channels.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in a related field of study, and at least 5 years in a position of similar responsibility and type of organization.
Requires a high level of knowledge about Opera and current practices in the field.
Excellent creative writing skills. Conversant in and ability to write knowledgeably about the field of Opera.
Energetic and positive professional style.
Knowledge of graphic design, copy writing & editing, print and other media production.
Expertise with social media, website functionality.
Ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with people in a variety of staff positions.
Ability to manage multiple critical timelines and deadlines, ensuring the timely completion of projects.
Ability to represent the Opera to various constituents, with a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and knowledge.
High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other windows-based applications.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The Santa Fe Opera is an equal opportunity employer.