Senior Lecturer/Lecturer: Vocal StudiesUniversity of Cape Town South African College of Music • Full-Timehttp://www.sacm.uct.ac.za/Rondebosch,
The South African College of Music is looking for an experienced Voice Teacher for appointment from 1 Feb 2014 or soon thereafter.
- A Master's degree or equivalent professional credentials
- An active performing career
- Performance fluency in German, French and Italian
- Knowledge of the standard operatic and art song repertoire.
- Teaching of both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the areas of practical studies, vocal pedagogy and repertoire
- Contributing to and promoting musical performance at the South African College of Music
- Administrative duties as determined by the Director of the SA College of Music.
Keyboard skills would be an advantage.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits for 2013, is as follows:
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form (HR201) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line "Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: Vocal Studies" followed by the reference number, to Ms Melanie Falken at email@example.com
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa.
Telephone: +27 21 650 5764
Faculty website: www.humanities.uct.ac.za
Reference number for this position: SR554/13
Closing date for applications: 5 November 2013
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf