Properties Supervisor Palm Beach Opera • Seasonalhttp://www.pbopera.orgWest Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Opera seeks an experienced Properties Supervisor for the 2014 International Season. PBO performs three operas at Dreyfoos Hall in the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, January through March.
This is a seasonal full time position.
This Position Reports to the Managing Director.
Term: January through March
The Property Supervisor ensures compliance with expense budgets and supervises all prop personnel at the theatre for rehearsals and performances. Design experience preferred, but not essential.
- Consult with director and stage management staff to accommodate prop needs for rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in the set-up, teardown and moving of all Orchestra chairs, stands, lights and related equipment for rehearsals and performances.
- Attend all PBO production meetings, rehearsals, performances and work calls as assigned.
- Supervise prop crews, procure props from various sources, and organize props for show running and strike.
- Provide prop maintenance and modification as required throughout the rehearsal and performance period.
- Determine materials and methods for construction, with particular responsibility for the safety of the audience, cast and crews throughout all phases of props construction, installation and use.
- Work with Stage Manager and props Head of Department to explain and develop mechanics of running the show, including setting up prop tables and assigning specific tasks.
- Coordinate with Director of Production, Stage Managers and Kravis personnel to arrange transfer of props to and from theater.
- Create and maintain paperwork for prop returns and efficient show running.
- Work with Director of Production to comply with production budget.
- Supervise running crew for all Palm Beach Opera work calls, rehearsals and performances.
- Work with singers to develop their understanding and usage of any special props.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Supervise the strike of all props at end of show and return to PBO warehouse or place of origin.
- Prepare production records for each production, including, where appropriate, drawings, inventories and packing lists, pull from stock lists, and descriptions of special problems and effects.
- Prepare and maintain inventory of stock properties and equipment; supervise care and maintenance of all prop equipment.
- Maintain and organize PBO’s properties warehouse.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Flexible, focused and well-organized team player
Ability to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Ability to track and document petty cash expenditures and returns
Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
Independent Contractor Fee is commensurate with experience. Assistance with housing and transportation is possible.
: E-Mail resume with Subject: PROP14 in a .doc or .pdf attachment to PBOHR@pbopera.org
Mail resume: Palm Beach Opera, 415 S. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401.
No Phone Calls, Please
Palm Beach Opera is an equal opportunity employer.