Job Listings RSS Feed
Post Your Job Listings
To make a job listing for your organization, please e-mail digital media manager Audrey Saccone
. You may post your job listings for FREE
. Be sure to include:
- Job title
- Company name, address, phone, fax, Web site
- Point of contact and contact information
- Duration of the job (i.e. Part-time, Full-time, Internship)
- General position (i.e. Finance, Adminstration, Intern)
Job listings will be available online for one month from the date posted.
Please e-mail digital media manager Audrey Saccone
the job description and include instructions regarding how you will be transmitting your credit card information. Job listings will be available online for one month from the date posted.
Director of Finance and AdministrationBoston Lyric Opera • Full-Timehttp://blo.org/Boston, MA
Boston Lyric Opera is seeking a Director of Finance & Administration
to manage the company’s day-to-day operations in finance, administration, human resources, and technology to ensure a financially strong and disciplined organization; work with the senior management team on departmental planning, budgets, human resources, use of technology, and other strategic matters; and to be the primary liaison to the Finance, Investment, and Audit Committees of the Board.
- Finance: Manage finance and accounting staff; financial accounting and reporting; all banking, financing, investment, and insurance relationships and contracts; audit relationship and process. Create budgets for G&A, staffing, depreciation, and capital expense. Assist department heads with department budgets, monthly updates, and analysis. Prepare annual operating budget and cash flow projections. Work closely with chairs of Finance, Investment, and Audit Committees and other Board members.
- Administration: Manage administrative staff; relationships, negotiations, and contracts for legal counsel and office space, theatre, and warehouse rental, and equipment leases. Lead the coordination of internal workflows, processes, and controls to insure interdepartmental integration, efficiency, and effectiveness and the appropriate allocation of human, financial, technology, and other resources to support organizational priorities. Administer internal processes including purchasing, recordkeeping, office assignments.
- Human Resources: Manage human resources program (employee handbook, policies, and practices) to meet legal requirements and organizational needs; payroll services and employee benefits contracts. Develop and support consistent and effective communications among staff, board, and volunteers.
- Technology: Direct company technology plans and relationships with technology partners
- Strategic Planning: Participate with General & Artistic Director and other senior management on development, execution, and support of organizational and department strategies.
- Other: Execute special projects as assigned.
- At least 10 years experience in a senior financial position or equivalent level in an organization with a $5 million or larger budget, preferably a nonprofit organization funded by contributions, grants, and earned revenues.
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Significant experience in nonprofit accounting, technology system management, and high growth businesses
- Demonstrated leadership ability; team management and interpersonal skills; written and oral communication skills; analysis, resource and budget management; and strategic planning.
- Personal/professional exposure to the arts, music, and opera in particular is strongly preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Director of Finance & Administration Search, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111-1736, or fax to (617) 542-4913, or email to email@example.com
. NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.