Head of Scenery WorkshopsTheatre Royal de la Monnaie – De Munt • Full-Timehttp://lamonnaie.beBrussels, BEFull-time contract, starting date mid-August 2014
The Theatre Royal de la Monnaie – De Munt, is looking for an experienced Head of Scenic workshops, to lead and manage the carpentry, metalwork, prop making, tapisserie, sculpture and scenic art teams. He/she is responsible for the day to day running and long term planning of the workshops, ensuring that all scenic elements are finished to a high standard, on time and in budget. He/she will have a thorough working knowledge of the production process, technical design, scenery construction and finishing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years experience in a large-scale opera house or theatre, in the technical drawing office or as head of a scenic workshop
- A high level of draughtsmanship and proven technical set construction knowledge
- Good project management skills
- Good people management skills, with the ability to lead diverse teams
- Experience of setting, running and overseeing budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills – excel, word, Microsoft project, CAD 2012
- Fluency in French (Dutch and English, a plus)
This position requires some evening and weekend work. The candidate will be expected to be flexible and have a positive and professional attitude.
The Theatre Royal De La Monnaie – De Munt is situated in the centre of Brussels. It is a major European opera house and the leading opera company in Belgium, producing highly acclaimed productions of opera, dance, concerts and recitals, with international directors and designers.
If you are interested in this position and would like further information or a full job description, please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter
or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
La Monnaie – De Munt is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 31 March 2014