Job Listings RSS Feed
Post Your Job Listings
To make a job listing for your organization, please e-mail digital media manager Audrey Saccone
. You may post your job listings for FREE
. Be sure to include:
- Job title
- Company name, address, phone, fax, Web site
- Point of contact and contact information
- Duration of the job (i.e. Part-time, Full-time, Internship)
- General position (i.e. Finance, Adminstration, Intern)
Job listings will be available online for one month from the date posted.
Please e-mail digital media manager Audrey Saccone
the job description and include instructions regarding how you will be transmitting your credit card information. Job listings will be available online for one month from the date posted.
Communications and Marketing ManagerCultural Data Project • Full-Timehttp://www.culturaldata.org/Philadelphia, PA
The Cultural Data Project (CDP) is a national organization dedicated to empowering the nonprofit arts and cultural sector with high-quality data and resources in order to strengthen its vitality, performance, and public impact. The CDP is a trusted source of high- quality data and knowledge that advances cultural initiatives. We equip arts and cultural organizations to collect, learn from, and use data effectively; build critical technology and tools for the collection, management and use of data; and are the engine for a national partnership for cultural data, dedicated to collective learning, leadership, and action.
The CDP is seeking a skilled, ambitious, and entrepreneurial Communications and Marketing Manager (hereinafter “Manager”) to serve as part of a successful external affairs team and manage communications to our diverse and growing client base. This is a new position, reporting to the Director of External Affairs, who oversees all fundraising, business development, and marketing communications activities, and is designed to drive the repositioning of the organization and the successful rollout and implementation of the CDP’s national strategy. The Manager will support the success and public presence of the President and CEO and will work collaboratively with senior staff and colleagues in the areas of development, client services, research and policy to formulate strategies, messages, and plans.
The Manager will be responsible for the strategic development, management, and implementation of an integrated program of marketing and communications to a wide range of national stakeholders, including nonprofit arts and cultural organizations, public and private grantmakers in the arts, cultural researchers and advocates, and policy makers at the municipal, state and federal levels. The Manager will directly undertake communications activities that establish, promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand and reputation and articulate and advocate for the organization’s recently-approved strategic plan.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
Communications and Content Development
- Develop, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and before the general public.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of External Affairs, President, and other senior staff to set and achieve short- and long-term communications and marketing goals, objectives, and targets. Develop and manage annual communications and marketing budget.
- Identify communications opportunities, challenges, and emerging issues facing the organization. Communicate regularly with leadership and staff to define and execute appropriate strategies.
- Recommend market research as needed; analyze and apply customer and market insight to guide messaging, targeting, and delivery.
- Recruit, train and manage communications, marketing, and social media interns.
- Identify and manage contracted public relations, marketing, advertising, design and copywriting services as required, to ensure brand and core message delivery.
Media/Public Relations, Marketing and Promotion
- Oversee organizational messaging and content development for internal and external communications vehicles and publications, including the website, social media, newsletter, and other constituent communications, collateral and promotional materials.
- Develop and maintain annual editorial calendar for communications and lead cross- departmental editorial board.
- Oversee organizational presence on a variety of social media platforms and work to build national communities of interest. Work cooperatively with other departments and internal and external subject matter experts to generate a continuous stream of lively, relevant content.
- Coordinate and support communications efforts by national, regional, and local partners, providing technical assistance and assuring consistent messaging and positioning of their activities in relation to the CDP.
- Work with the Research team to develop and regularly communicate findings from research reports and data insights, and to build the CDP’s position as a thought leader through commentaries, blogs, articles, and papers. Conduct and communicate findings of regular market research and program evaluations.
- Monitor and stay abreast of related developments and trends in big data, cultural and nonprofit management and philanthropy, finance, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
- Oversee media and public relations, developing annual strategic communications framework, as well as tactical implementation plans, throughout the year.
- Develop relationships and maintain a network of general, arts, technology, nonprofit and philanthropy media contacts. Pitch news stories, coverage opportunities, and features; manages press events and photo opportunities.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization.
- Prepare media talking points, write speeches, and develop presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Develop and implement creative targeted marketing initiatives across all media, including print, broadcast, and digital, to generate awareness and new client leads, increase participation, and drive attendance at events, workshops, and training opportunities.
- Work with Fundraising and Business Development teams to build and maintain promotional partnerships with key donors, sponsors, media outlets, and outside organizations and businesses as a way to extend CDP’s presence before key audience segments. Ensure appropriate exposure and credit for all partners and sponsors.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a communications or marketing management role, either in-house or with an agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree
in a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated track record of success and love for writing and editing for external audiences or publication, with a variety of print and online communications media. A minimum of three years experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, project descriptions and proposals, and print publications. Excellent and persuasive communicator with a confident command of written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-faceted strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- History of proactively building relationships with reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements. Existing networks of cultural or philanthropic media contacts preferred.
- Energetic, creative, flexible, and innovative thinker, with a knack for simplifying complicated or technical concepts, for putting concepts into action, and for engaging and building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Web content management and a variety of social media platforms.
Working knowledge of html and design programs a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and to routinely manage multiple priorities. Must enjoy working in a highly creative, collaborative, fast-paced, and professional culture, emphasizing excellence and teamwork.
- Passion for the arts and culture, technology and/or business improvement.
Minimal travel anticipated.
The CDP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Cultural Data Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of qualified candidates for formal consideration. The CDP seeks to create a workforce and culture that reflects the rich diversity of the arts and cultural sector it serves. The CDP is also a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org