Box Office ManagerEdmonton Opera • Full-Timehttp://www.edmontonopera.comEdmonton,
Edmonton Opera is dedicated to producing great performances that bring the powerful emotions of opera to our community. Our purpose and vision is to present opera that moves and inspires our audiences — individuals, corporate organizations and the three levels of government, all who are partners and sponsors in our community.
We are currently looking for a Box Office Manager, to run EO’s box office located at TIX on the Square. Ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the box office, this position is responsible for programming and monitoring Tessitura ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and updating. This role is highly visible and interacts with patrons, donors and sponsors. The “It’s not my fault but it’s my problem” attitude is essential, in order to provide and fulfill exceptional and personable service to all Edmonton Opera patrons.
Reporting to the Director of Community Relations, this position requires you to do the following:
- oversee daily, weekly, monthly and yearly ticket sales
- provide reconciliation between ticket sales and the financial department
- develop and maintain documentation and training materials on box office procedures
- hire, train, schedule and supervise box office staff
- demonstrate excellent customer service skills, responding promptly to patron inquiries and requests
- ongoing professional development using Tessitura
- organize and manage the mobile box office during Edmonton Opera’s productions at the Jubilee Auditorium, and various events throughout the city
- work in collaboration with community relations staff, to ensure seamless subscription renewal process, as well as single ticket sales, promotions, etc.
- be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
You are a problem solver, with exceptional customer service standards and are highly organized. You have a minimum of three years of box office experience, preferably in a managerial role, and have knowledge of the Tessitura system. You have excellent communication skills and can handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment, and enjoy working independently. Professional maturity, positive attitude and exceptional service are a must.
We offer a competitive salary, great healthcare benefits and a good work culture.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your resume, in confidence, to Jelena Bojic, Director of Community Relations at Jelena.firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions are kept in strict confidence, and only those applicants who meet the search criteria will be contacted.