Education and Community Outreach ManagerPalm Beach Opera • Full-Timehttp://pbopera.org/Palm Beach, FLPosition Description
Palm Beach Opera seeks a motivated team-player in the position of Education and Community Outreach Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & PR, this position is responsible for Palm Beach Opera’s programs that engage our patrons, the community, K-12 students, teachers, and university-level students and personnel. The position encompasses three primary components: 1) School and Teacher Programs, 2) Audience Enrichment, and 3) Community Outreach.
We are looking for an individual with a background in arts education and hands-on experience in education program management to take a leadership role in growing Palm Beach Opera’s reach into schools, expanding audience development activities in the community, and enhancing the patron experience at the theater.
- Managing, booking, and enhancing programs K-12 students including classroom concerts, free dress rehearsal attendance, and apprentice programs.
- Overseeing value-added programming for audience development including pre-show lectures and post-show discussions with the artists.
- Researching, writing, and editing curriculum-based K-12 study guides and contributing to education and outreach marketing materials
- Marketing education and outreach activities to potential participants
- Networking in the educational community to enhance Palm Beach Opera’s relationship with school boards, school administrators, and teachers
- Other responsibilities as needed pertaining to education programs and community outreach initiatives.
Bachelor's degree required. Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in arts education, be familiar with the Palm Beach County education system, be a highly organized team player with the ability to multi-task, have exemplary verbal and written communication skills, and be able to manage a changing and varied workload.
Manage teaching artists and direct education program volunteers.
The ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed is a requirement of the job. Employee is required to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be required to bring samples of lesson plans, study guides, or other educational materials they have authored.
Please send resumes in PDF or Word format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.