GBH Music & BLO Present "Deconstructing Opera: OMAR"
GBH Music and Boston Lyric Opera present MacArthur "Genius Grant" recipient and Grammy Award-winning musician Rhiannon Giddens in conversation with renowned scholar of Black music and culture and co-host of the GBH News podcast All Rev’d Up Emmett G. Price III about the New England premiere of OMAR, composed by Giddens and Michael Abels (score for Get Out and Us), with libretto by Giddens. The livestream conversation is combined with musical performances from members of the cast.
- Anthony Rudel, Executive Producer & General Manager, GBH Music
- Bradley Vernatter, Boston Lyric Opera Stanford Calderwood General Director & CEO
- Rhiannon Giddens, MacArthur “Genius Grant” recipient and Grammy Award-winning musician, Co-Composer of OMAR
- Emmett G. Price III, Renowned scholar of Black music and culture and co-host of the GBH News podcast All Rev’d Up
- Cierra Byrd, mezzo-soprano
- Brianna J. Robinson, soprano
- Brendon Shapiro, piano