OPERA America's National Opera Center offers you an affordable, flexible venue in Midtown Manhattan for hosting events with performances, meetings, and receptions.
Choose from several large and medium spaces — all with technical outfits and regularly tuned pianos — to meet your needs for vocal, instrumental, or theatrical performances and other presentations or meetings. Build a flexible event rental package that includes pre- or post-event receptions, live-streaming, recordings, and more.
- Large and medium room options, customizable to budget, with versatile, movable seating for up to 72 people
- Theatrical lighting, projection screen, raised stage, music stands and chairs, and microphones and sound amplification in select rooms
- Regularly tuned grand pianos in every room (Yamaha and Steinway)
- Acoustically balanced rooms with sound paneling
- Built-in high-definition, multicamera recording capabilities in select rooms
- Built-in single and multi-camera live streaming capabilities and Zoom functionality in select rooms with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- Flexible packages for self-catered pre- and post-event receptions with tables, linens, coat racks, and staff attendants in public lobbies
- Centrally located near more than a dozen subway lines, Amtrak, PATH, bus lines, and airport shuttles
Available to individuals and organizations working in opera, musical theater, chamber music, choruses, piano performance, theater, comedy troupes, and other arts and non-arts disciplines. Dance is not permitted because floors are not sprung.
Special events not connected with a performance or meeting, such as birthday parties, weddings, and others, are not permitted. Food and beverages are allowed only in select rooms; red wine is prohibited in the facility. The National Opera Center does not offer ticketing software, box office, or promotions. Ticketing and event promotions must be managed by the rental client.