OPERA America’s annual Opera Conference is the largest assembly of opera administrators, artists, trustees, and associates in the world.
Hosted by one of our Professional Company Members, hundreds of stakeholders convene in a different location each spring for discussions, networking, and performances that move opera forward.
Opera Conference 2021
May 10–26, 2021 — Online
Registration information will be available in early 2021.
Opera Conference 2021 will take place online over the course of three weeks:
- Lead Presentation (Mon., May 10, 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET)
- Panel Discussion (Wed., May 12, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET)
- Lead Presentation (Mon., May 17, 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET)
- Panel Discussion (Wed., May 19, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET)
- Lead Presentation (Mon., May 24, 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET)
- Panel Discussion (Wed., May 26, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET)
Additional breakout sessions and artist panels may be added to this schedule in the future; details will be announced.
When you attend the Opera Conference, you join colleagues, peers, and associates from across North America with a shared dedication to advancing the art form and industry.
- Gain insights from inside and outside the field at inspiring plenary sessions.
- Learn practical tips in breakout sessions to expand your on-the-job skill sets.
- Reconnect with colleagues and expand your professional network to advance your career.
- Enjoy performances of new and traditional works produced by the conference’s host company.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
We invite businesses, civic institutions, arts organizations, universities, and foundations to join as partners in presenting the annual conference. By sponsoring conference activities or hosting a table in the communal exhibit hall, you can enhance your experience with:
- Access: Take advantage of networking opportunities with over 650 opera professionals and decision-makers.
- Promotion: Receive customized recognition packages to showcase your brand and connect with attendees.
- Appreciation: Earn admiration from the field by contributing to the sector’s most valuable annual convening.
Past Conference Locations & Hosts
|2020||Online||[Intended: Seattle Opera]|
|2019||San Francisco||San Francisco Opera|
|2018||St. Louis||Opera Theatre of Saint Louis|
|2017||Dallas||The Dallas Opera|
|2016||Montreal||Opéra de Montréal|
|2015||Washington, D.C.||Washington National Opera|
|2014||San Francisco||San Francisco Opera|
|2011||Boston||Boston Lyric Opera|
|2010||Los Angeles||Los Angeles Opera|
|2009||Houston||Houston Grand Opera|
|2007||Miami||Florida Grand Opera|
|2005||Detroit||Michigan Opera Theatre|
|2003||St. Louis||Opera Theatre of Saint Louis|
|2002||Toronto||Canadian Opera Company|
|2001||Atlanta||The Atlanta Opera|
|2000||Houston||Houston Grand Opera|
|1996||Los Angeles||Los Angeles Opera|
|1995||Washington, D.C.||The Washington Opera|
|1993||Miami||Greater Miami Opera Association|
|1992||San Diego||San Diego Opera|
|1991||Chicago||Lyric Opera of Chicago|
|1990||Washington, D.C.||The Washington Opera|
|1989||San Francisco||San Francisco Opera|
|1988||Houston||Houston Grand Opera|
|1987||Dallas||The Dallas Opera|
|1986||Miami||Greater Miami Opera Association|
|1985||Washington, D.C.||The Washington Opera|
|1983||Toronto||Canadian Opera Company|
|1982||San Francisco||San Francisco Opera|
|1981||New Orleans||New Orleans Opera|
|1979||Miami||Greater Miami Opera Association|
|1978||Chicago||Lyric Opera of Chicago|
|1976||San Francisco||San Francisco Opera|
|1975||Miami||Greater Miami Opera Association|
|1974||Miami||Greater Miami Opera Association|
|1973||Washington, D.C.||Opera Society of Washington|
|1972||Dallas||The Dallas Opera|