#MeetOpera is a national social media campaign to help audiences discover all the ways they can experience opera.
Coordinated by OPERA America, the campaign calls on artists, companies, and fans to use their social media platforms to showcase opera’s diversity, resiliency, and innovation.
Together, we can reshape the way people view opera and the opera-going experience. We can surprise, inspire, and defy expectations. We can welcome newcomers to an art form transformed during the pandemic and show experienced opera-goers what’s new, now, and next.
Want to lend your voice to the #MeetOpera movement? Follow the steps below to show what opera looks like from your point of view.
- Add the hashtag #MeetOpera to your social media posts that show your unique perspective of opera.
- Encourage your followers to follow the hashtag #meetopera.
- Tag @OPERAAmerica for a chance to be featured on our social media and other channels.
- Share and engage with content produced by other artists, companies, and OPERA America.
- Encourage fellow colleagues and artists to join in.
Visit the National Opera Calendar to find upcoming performances.