Collection Published: 01 Sep 2020
Racial Justice and the Arts: Headlines from Summer 2020
Read these significant articles from June-August 2020 about racial justice in the arts.
- At Theaters, Push for Racial Equity Leads to Resignations and Restructuring (Michael Paulson), The New York Times, 19 August 2020.
- Opera Foundation Removes Trustee Over Offensive Comments (Sarah Bahr), The New York Times, 20 July 2020.
- Opera Can No Longer Ignore Its Race Problem (Joshua Baron), The New York Times, 16 July 2020.
- Kennedy Center to commission anti-racism works, expand programs for black artists and audiences (Peggy McGlone), The Washington Post, 9 July 2020.
- The ‘Art World’ Can’t Exist in a Decolonized Future (Angie Jaime), Teen Vogue, 30 June 2020.
- The Oscars Will Add a Diversity Requirement for Eligibility (Nicole Sperling), The New York Times, 12 June 2020.