OPERA America’s National Opera Center is your home for performances, rehearsals, auditions, and more. Your health is a top priority for us.
The Opera Center is open at full service — with a variety of ongoing safety precautions. Since we first reopened in August 2020, we have continued to follow the recommended guidelines and procedures of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State, and New York City.
Vaccination is required
As of September 1, in accordance with New York City’s executive order regarding vaccination regulations for performance venues, all guests 12 years or older are required to show proof of one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine with matching identification when visiting the Opera Center. Individuals under the age of 12 may enter the facility so long as they wear face masks in public areas. See valid proof of vaccination below.
What you should know
- Our entire staff is fully vaccinated and will continue to wear masks for your extra protection.
- Our facility is cleaned and sanitized nightly by a custodial team trained in COVID-19 protocols.
- Our air system has been optimized with a high efficiency filtration system and outfitted with I-Wave BI-Polar Ionizer air cleaners that actively treat and kill pathogens.
What you should expect
- When you arrive, you’ll find our front door (on the 7th floor) closed to limit and control foot traffic through the facility.
- When you check in, you’ll be separated from our customer service team by plastic barriers at the front desk.
- When you walk to your room through common spaces, you’re encouraged to wear a mask, even if you’re vaccinated. Masks are available at the front desk.
As determined by city officials, sufficient proof of vaccination may be demonstrated by displaying one of the following:
- Photo or hard copy of a CDC vaccination card
- NYC COVID Safe app
- New York State Excelsior Pass app
- Photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record for the Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- Photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record for a vaccine administered outside the U.S, limited to AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD, Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, and Sinovac
Examples of acceptable identification include driver's license, non-driver government ID card, IDNYC, passport, and school ID card.
Unvaccinated individuals 12 years of age and older will not be granted access to the facility.
For more information about safety protocols, contact us at 212.796.8630 or Reservations@operaamerica.org.