Career Blueprints for Singers
Career Blueprints for Singers engages emerging singers in a multi-day intensive workshop on artist entrepreneurship and the practical elements of launching a career in opera.
Participants receive new headshots, audio and video recordings, and guidance from industry leaders, and learn about financial management, artist representation, and website design.
Career Blueprints for Singers is supported by the Howard Gilman Foundation.
Refine your personal brand, build a compelling audition package, and jumpstart your career in this three-day workshop at our National Opera Center in New York City. Offered by application at a subsidized fee, the program includes:
- Headshots: A 45-minute shoot, including makeup and hair styling
- Audio/Video Recording: One-hour high-quality recording, including pianist
- Feedback Audition with Video Recording: 30-minute HD digital video recording of your audition material and feedback from a panel of industry professionals
- Website Design: Group sessions with a web designer, plus individual consultations on creating or updating your website with your newly created materials
- Resume Review: One-on-one resume and bio review with audition experts and proofreaders
- Panel Discussion: Sessions with artist managers, professional singers, and opera company leaders to learn how to focus your brand and make connections in the field
- Financial Guidance: Sessions with top contract and financial experts for contract and financial planning advice
Next Application Cycle
|Program dates:||To be announced|
|Application available online:||To be announced|
|Application deadline:||To be announced|
|Applicant notification:||To be announced|
How to Apply
Review the application worksheets to apply. A recommendation from a staff or faculty member at an OPERA America member company is required. All applications must be submitted through the online form.
- 2019 Application Questions (PDF)
- 2019 Sample Letter of Recommendation (PDF)
For questions about applications or eligibility, contact us at Programs@operaamerica.org or 646.699.5240.