Professional Development Workshop for BIPOC Singers
OPERA America is holding a Professional Development Workshop for BIPOC Singers at the National Opera Center in New York City on Friday, September 23, and Saturday, September 24.
Discussion topics will include:
- Resumes, Bios, and Headshots: The Dos and Don’ts
- Branding: How and Why
- Management: When to Seek It and How to Get the Most Out of It
- Intimacy Direction: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
Participants will hear from a faculty of experts, including:
- Afton Battle, General and Artistic Director, Fort Worth Opera
- Devere Burnett, Artist Manager, IMG Artists
- Eric Einhorn, General and Artistic Director, On Site Opera
- Miguel Rodriguez, President and Founder, Athlone Artists; Co-Founder, Insignia Athlone Artists Management
- Audrey Saccone, CEO and Strategist, Audrey Digital
- Doug Scholz-Carlson, Director, Fight Choreographer, and Certified Intimacy Director; Artistic Director, Great River Shakespeare Festival
- Justin Werner, Artist Manager and Founder, Stratagem Artists
Register for the Workshop
The Professional Development Workshop for BIPOC Singers costs $25 for OPERA America Members. (Members will be prompted to log in to access member rates.)
Tickets for non-members are $100 and include a one-year membership to OPERA America (valued at $75).
Registration ends September 22 or when spots are filled. The registration fee includes light refreshments on both days.
For more information, contact us at Programs@operaamerica.org or 646.699.5240.